Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
You've been in DC a lot longer than I have, so I'd figure I'd ask you: what are some of the best Superman stories out there?
I’ve got at least one “masterpost” of my Superman recs you can go to here, but I can give you a quick “starter recs” to go off of as a new reader : )
Where to start!:
- Adventures of Superman (2013-2014) #28 - digital issue, self contained, $0.99, everything you need to know about Superman as a character
- Superman (1987-2006) #59 - the most important Clark & Lois issue of all time
- Superman: The Wedding Album - free digitally, and is the super important union of Clark and Lois in the pre-New 52 continuity.
- Superman: Secret Identity - elseworld mini series, but legitimately my favorite Superman story of all time.
- Action Comics (1938-2011) #847 - Clark and Pa Kent
- Adventures of Superman (2013-2014) #12 - Clark and Ma Kent
- Superman: Up, UP and Away! - One Year Later story — probably the only OYL story worth a damn overall, really.
- Superman: Last Son of Krypton - Clark and Lois meet Chris and break my heart
I would honestly feel comfortable with people starting off with any of these.
I should note that this is entirely based on the Superman continuity before the New52. I have no real love for the reboot’s take on the Super Family — particularly how they’ve dismantled it and broken the relationships with Clark I loved the most (Lois, Ma, Pa, Kon, Chris, etc.).
If you’re interested in that version of the character I’m sorry : ( I can’t help much.
Page 1 of 14