- Detective Comics 838, The Ressurection of Ra’s al Ghul
Alfred, you are my hero!
Gosh, I love this scene so much. One of my very favorites ever. Like, I love so many things about it.
- I love that Alfred’s only comment at being surrounded by sword-wielding ninjas is a disapproving “My word!” He really is unflappable. And also adorbs.
- I love Dick taking out all the ninjas in like five seconds flat, and making it look effortless. And his snarky running commentary throughout (“mindless lackey skills”, ROFL. That’s the Dick I love). See, writers? He can have skills that rival those of the Bat and a sense of humor! Please take note.
- I love how completely pleasant Alfred is, even after Ubu grabs him. Doesn’t matter that this guy is threatening to snap his neck, he’s Alfred Freaking Pennyworth, and manners are manners, darn it.
- AND THEN. THE CROWNING GLORY OF THIS SCENE. When Alfred completely freaking OWNS Ubu, who is easily twice his size and trained by Ra’s al Ghul, because he’s ALFRED FREAKING PENNYWORTH, and Alfred Freaking Pennyworth is nobody’s hostage. HOW ARE YOU EVEN SO AWESOME, ALFRED. I cannot.
- And then Dick and Alfred’s exchange at the end, which is pretty much the best, cutest, most awesome thing ever. And of course Alfred just dismisses this whole thing as “All part of the service”. He totally takes out trained assassins every day, nbd. ALFRED, YOU ARE ACTUALLY PERFECT.
I felt this needed to be reblogged again.
Fave scene ever. <3